The seminar was held on 9 November 2018.
What are the prospects for further European integration? How to address concerns of legitimacy and democracy in the EU? What is the status of common values inside the Union and how does that affect the EU's global role?
On November 9, Frank Schimmelfennig will give us a talk on the topic of differentiated integration as a threat or solution to the current state of European integration
Frank Schimmelfennig is Professor of European Politics at ETH, Zürich. He is a leading scholar of European integration. His main research interest lies in the theory of European integration and, more specifically, in EU enlargement, differentiated integration, democracy promotion, and democratization
This seminar is part of a series co-organized by SIEPS and the Swedish Institute of International Affairs (UI). It will gather key perspectives on the future of the European Union, and result in an anthology to be published in the spring.
- 9 November 2018 09:00 - 10:15
- SIEPS, Torsgatan 11, 4th floor, Riksmötet.
- Frank Schimmelfennig, Professor of European Politics at ETH, Zürich
- Göran von Sydow, Acting Director, SIEPS
- Registration and coffee from 8:30.
- The seminar is free of charge and open to the public.
- Language: English
- Please note that the seminar will be filmed.