The Polish parliamentary elections have widely been considered to be the most important in Europe, this year, for the future of the EU. Two days after the elections, SIEPS brought together three experts for a discussion on the election result, its causes and the consequences for Poland and for the EU.
The Polish parliamentary elections have widely been considered to be the most important in Europe, this year, for the future of the EU. Once a government is formed, will the ongoing conflict with Brussels intensify? Or will Poland take a more constructive stance in Europe, repairing the relationship with Brussels and with fellow member states? Poland’s position in the coalition of support for Ukraine may also be at stake.
At this SIEPS webinar, three experienced commentators on Polish and EU affairs considered the outcome, its causes, and what it all means for Poland and for the EU.
- 17 October 2023 11:30 - 12:30
- Online via Zoom
- Natasza Styczyńska, Assistant Professor, Institute for European Studies, Jagiellonian University
- Piotr Buras, Head of ECFR Warsaw
- Maria Skóra, Lead Researcher at the Resilience Observatory on the Rule of Law in Europe, Institute for European Politics, Berlin
- Ned Hercock, editor and researcher, SIEPS