The current European Commission's term of office will come to an end in October. Jean-Claude Juncker, who became President of the Commission through the so called “Spitzenkandidaten” procedure, stated that he was to lead a “Political Commission”. But what is a political commission and has this been successful?
At the seminar, professor Mark Dawson will present a paper analysing how we can evaluate the Juncker Commission and whether a political Commission has worked in the sense of meeting its objectives. Experts from academia, media and the Government Offices will comment.
- 14 May 2019 09:00 - 10:30
- SIEPS, Torsgatan 11, 4th floor, Riksmötet.
- Mark Dawson, Professor of European Law and Governance at the Hertie School of Governance, Berlin
- Eva Sjögren, Director-General for EU Affairs, Prime Minister's Office
- Annika Ström Melin, Journalist
- Mark Rhinard, Professor of International Relations at Stockholm University
- Pernilla Wredenfors, SIEPS
- Registration and coffee from 08.30.
- The seminar is free of charge and open to the public.
- Language: English
- The seminar will be recorded.