At a SIEPS seminar on 10 November 2017, Ian Begg, a leading expert on both the EU budget and the economic ramifications of Brexit, gave a lecture.
The United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union coincides with the negotiations on the next multiannual budget beginning in 2021. Will this only complicate the budget negotiations; or is Brexit a blessing in disguise that will facilitate genuine policy reform?
Drawing on various recent contributions to the debate on the future of Europe, Iain Begg recently analysed likely demands for reform of the budget and how they might be accommodated in the next multiannual financial framework in the analysis The EU budget after 2020.
- 10 November 2017 09:00 - 10:00
- SIEPS, Torsgatan 11, Stockholm (4th floor, Riksmötet)
- Professor Iain Begg, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Jens Matthiessen, Senior Economic Adviser, European Commission Representation in Sweden
- Jonas Eriksson, Researcher, SIEPS
- Registration and coffee from 8.30.
- Language: English
- The seminar is free of charge and open to the public.
- Please note that the seminar will be recorded.