The seminar was held on 5 October 2018.
As the date for the United Kingdom formally leaving the European Union approaches, negotiations are at a critical stage. There is urgency on both sides to agree on the conditions for the UK leaving the union, as well as on the nature of the future relationship between the two.
What is at stake, what are the positions of key stakeholders and what is the state of play in the negotiations?
This seminar will discuss EU member states' positions, the role of the EU institutions, the legal aspects of the possible negotiation outcomes as well as provide insight into the state of negotiations.
- 5 oktober 2018 09:00 - 10:45
- SIEPS, Torsgatan 11, 4th floor, Riksmötet.
- Tim Oliver-Senior Lecturer at Loughborough University London
- Agata Gostyńska-Jakubowska, Senior Researcher at the Centre for European Reform
- Jan R Olsson, Ambassador/ Issues related to the UK exit from the European Union
- Christophe Hillion, Senior Researcher in Law, SIEPS
- Göran von Sydow, Acting Director, SIEPS
- Registration, coffee and sandwiches from 8:30.
- The seminar is free of charge and open to the public.
- Language: English
- Please note that the seminar will be filmed.